Thursday 24 March 2011

Facebook...the advent of a new era

Yesterday as I logged in my Facebook profile. I got an update that one of my cousins’s having a birthday. I sent a birthday message to her and she was really in a state of shock by receiving a birthday text from me. Honestly speaking it was the first time I was wishing her in her 25 years lifespan so far. I was inclined to think that maybe if Facebook was not there to update me aboutthat I would have spent my entire life without wishing her on her birthday. And the point whichlingers in my mind is that,”Are we so much dependent on Facebook?” The obvious and honest reply is,” YES.”
Facebook took over Orkut and it got the hype in no time. Even Mark Zuckerburg wouldn’t have thought that Facebook would be such a success while devising it. Nearly 450 million people are connected to each other through this channel. You can talk to people of entirely different origin, place and race by the click of a single button and what fascinates Facebook from different online messengers is its compatibility, user friendly environment and the amount of applications for interaction.
Facebook is really on a roll and is a great medium to get connected to your friends, relatives and even random people. You can find your old friends; can contact your distant relatives, share photos and videos within a blink of an eye. I even know a couple who met on Farmville and later on married. So people are not only communicating, sharing information and playing games they are also getting into a relationship via Facebook. Now you’re talking.
The huge impact which Facebook made on our lives is addictively phenomenal. I used the term addictive because people on our planet would even ask the angel of death to wait a moment so they could update their status just before dying.
Facebook is not only playing its part in making the world literally a global village but it has also worked to make a business out of it. The other day I was discussing about the benefits of advertising your business via Facebook. If we consider Facebook as a country, with a population touching merely 450 million users it would be ranked 6th according to population. Targeting these 450 million users using a single banner advertisement is not only cheap as the reach per person will be quite low but will also yield great output as the advertisement can be targeted explicitly.
With the revolutionising of the world technology has been on the rise every second. Technology promises greater prospects to follow and our dependability on it is increasing by time. And Facebook is just the beginning of an entirely new Digitalised Era.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are more than Welcome.