Wednesday 9 March 2011

The world of 2012: how do you see it?

The world is changing. We do read it at various places. It’s more of a metaphor than anything else now days. I ask myself, Alright the world is changing but where and how? It’s been changing since the creation. So that myth takes me to a point thinking that how am I changing with this world? How these changes affect me?

Honestly speaking being a normal human I won’t stop eating thinking that there are 3.7 million people in Somalia who have nothing to eat. I won’t stop drinking thinking there are people who can’t drink or I even won’t stop spending on my luxuries despite the fact that there are a lot of people who lack the basic necessities of life. If nothing’s changing for me then how do I say that it will be a changed world in 2012? Yeah I will probably have my 23rd birthday. Maybe have a better job, a better living standard. But still there will be people dying of hunger, robbing, raping, making a mockery of someone, laughing, chatting, crying or writing for a changed 2013 somewhere on this planet.

So for me that world is not changing. It remains all the same. The only thing which changes is the probability of evil happening here which is increasing at a rapid speed. 2012 will be yet another year of despair agony, frustration and desperation for most people.

I can’t foresee the future and I am neither a pessimist, but I rather won’t tell anyone a fairy tale by saying that it will be a completely changed world in a year. I am a realist and for me this world won’t change unless we start changing ourselves individually which we won’t because it’s easy to point your finger and say that is the bad guy rather the pointing it to ourselves. When you can’t stand for what you believe in you can’t change the world and for me the year 2012 will just be another year of hatred and enmity among humanity.

2 comments:

  1. Am bit confused while reading all this stuff...as if i take it in that pessimistic way...i would also think that yes my thoughts have find their way ..but if it goes to think optimistic way...world is getting changed day by day.....things are getting more worse....poverty hatred revenge gonna bring huge change in 2012...so world is changing....and these changings are caused by us all wether individually or combined....so what else we want?
    see we cant join our hands to stop or avoide these bitter changes yet we are joint to follow the tradition....tradition of war...distruction...curse...revenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amna keeping in view the current situation it will be a fool's paradise to just think that countries like USA, Israel will start working in our interest. My argument is that the gap between muslims and other ethnics will remain the same infact it will widen up with the ratio of hatred in each nation for other. Until or unless we dont start changing we will remain the same and external resources will keep on pressurizing us.We have to stand for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are more than Welcome.